Saturday, January 24, 2009

Christmas Stocking!

I am finally posting photos of the Christmas stocking I made Neva. I must say, I am really proud of it. I had never used a sewing machine before but with *much* help from my friend Rachel, here is the finished product!



A close up:



This is my favorite part, a little "lift and flap" tree! I just love the extra dimension it gives. This detail was unplanned in the original layout, but makes me smile every time I see it.



Her fun legs on the quilt-y snow backround add to the whimsy of it all.



In action Christmas Morning



I have the stocking my grandmother made me and Stuart has his childhood stocking as well. So I decided that instead of having matching ones, I wanted to make one for Neva so we all have a little piece of our childhood hung up during the holidays. I came up with the layout mostly on my own, although I must admit the elf girl is a variation of one I saw on the internet.

I hope Neva loves this as she grows older as I do the one made for me by my grandmother.

No comments: